Why do we have standards for testing? We do so in order to ensure that the to-be-released software is tested as per the internationally-recognized standards. This allows the global QA and testing organizations to follow a standard approach to testing.
Software testing provides an objective as well as independent perspective of the software that puts forward the benefits and risks of integrating a software. Testing techniques followed by top software testing companies, such as QASource, include running the application under real-life situations with the intent of finding bugs and errors.
Following are the five international standards used in the software testing industry:
• ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-1:2013 (Part 1) Concepts and definitions – features the concepts and language for the software testing process. The standard provides the starting point, context, and guidance for the overall process.
• ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-2:2013 (Part 2) Test processes – denotes a comprehensive model that is used by top software testing companies during software testing. The model includes descriptions that provides a breakdown of software testing at the organizational, project, and dynamic levels.
• ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3:2013 (Part 3) Test documentation – As the name goes, this standard defines the software test documentation. The standard also features templates and examples of test documentation that are implemented during the testing process.
• ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-4:2015 (Part 4) Test techniques – This standard defines the test methods or the test case design techniques that are used during the test implementation processes (as mentioned in Part 2 above)
• ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-5:2016 (Part 5) Keyword-driven testing – This standard includes specifying tests which are used in the software testing domain.
Wrapping Up There is no denying the fact that software testing is essential. It is the practice where the software testing companies put a software to test and validate it for industry compliance and specifications. Visit QASource.com to know how a professional software QA provider can help your business achieve the software quality that creates value.